Monday, June 7, 2010

Last Post Before Departure . . . Probably

This is Monday June 7, 2010 and the first of the students (Kathryn Jones and Stephanie Goins) both depart tomorrow morning at 5:30 a.m. They will head to the airport after a farewell dinner at 7 p.m. Both are fine travellers and now good friends. I'll miss both of them.

The rest of the group departs 11:30 p.m. tomorrow evening. I may try to fly standby with them as I am now tired and ready to return. I usually stay one day later just in case but this time I may go ahead and try to depart earlier. We'll see how that works. If all else fails I'll fly out Wednesday evening at 11:30 p.m. and I'll arrive at 1:15 p.m. on Thursday in Roanoke.

Bangkok is clearly recovering although Suk11 still remains more empty than I remember from three previous visits. However, I have seen more tourists today than I recall in previous days. All the sites and shopping and history are open. I've still not seen much security.

I do like Bangkok. I suppose it's my favorite. It's so diverse and so vibrant and so immense. It's hard to explain but I don't get tired of being here.

I'll see all in the US. Best.

No comments:

Post a Comment